[Samba] win2000 and samba

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Tue Oct 15 15:23:01 GMT 2002

I attribute this to a Windows 2000 bug.  I have 30+ machines here, almost all
of which are windows 2000.  Anytime they are trying to connect to a machine
as a different username, the password/username being used for the share do
not get correctly saved.

I have not, however, tried connecting to a share on a windows server using a
different username.  I presume it will exhibit the same behavior.  Maybe I'll
try it out later today.

--Kaleb