[Samba] samba server does not appear in network neighborhood

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Mon Oct 14 16:58:01 GMT 2002

Have u edit the HOTKEY signourseal signal?
Are u sure u have opened ports 137 udp 138 udp and 139
tcp
in the lindoze.
And regarding XP is not enough to change the firewall
policy.M$ has done something more that makes it
difficulty to connect to other systems.
A reader I talk to a few weeks ago solved it, but
unfortuneatly he forgot to give med proper feedback
,so I dont know exactly how to completely turn the
firewall off

=====
http://home.no.net/~knutove/knut_ove_hauge_kuren.htm