[Samba] samba server does not appear in network neighborhood

Dr. Bernd Zimmermann berni at ping-net.de
Mon Oct 14 15:21:01 GMT 2002

Are you using Win XP ?

We have a similar problem, except that it was working a few weeks
and than suddenly the XP computer cannot see the samba server
anymore !!

All other computers (Win98, WinNT) works still fine - only XP is the
problem and we habe no clue whats going on.

All the hints: XP registry, Firewall, Security does not solve our problem.
We are still stucked - XP is not seeing Samba ;-(((((