[Samba] Samba Accross Lans

Irving Carrion icarrion at allinterior.com
Mon Oct 14 16:07:33 GMT 2002

Hello All!

I have Samba Version 2.999+3.0.alpha20-2.  Just recently I tried to join
the domain using the Win2k Wizard with no success.  This functionality
worked in the previous version of Samba V. 2.2.3a.  If I'm on the same
subnet though, it works like a charm.  The error I receive is the
following:

"The following error occurred validating the name "mydomain"
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted"

Here is the ip info for the SAMBA server:
Ip = 10.0.0.7
Mask = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 10.0.0.250

Here is the ip info of one of the machines on a different subnet:
Ip = 11.0.0.244
Mask = 255.255.255.0
Gateway = 11.0.0.250
Wins = 10.0.0.7

The samba server is able to ping the client ip, and vice-versa.

I'll be happy to post my smb.conf file if anyone is interested.

Thanks!
IRV