[Samba] Samba CVS

Gareth Davies gdavies at willowbrook.co.uk
Fri Oct 11 13:31:00 GMT 2002

---- Original Message -----
From: "James Brechtel" <jbrechtel at harrison.k12.ms.us>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 10:25 AM
Subject: [Samba] Samba CVS

> Ok, I've compiled samba from cvs and have it installed and running fine.
I'm
> trying to get winbindd setup so I can log in using windows login accounts.
> Now, my machine is joined to the domain properly (wbinfo can -a
authenticate
> names and password...  secret check succeeded... wbinfo -u wbinfo -g
> works...getent passwd and getent group both work fine..).  /etc/nsswitch
conf
> has lines

<snip>

Try it like this?

Also I presume you have compiled -with-pam and copied the .so to the
/lib/security directory and made the ln- s to so.2 and you've given winbind
a password to use? wbinfo -A Administrator%password

The /etc/pam.d/login

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so use_first_pass
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_nologin.so
account    sufficient   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
account    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_console.so

HTH
             Shaolin - IT Systems
                     WB Ltd.
.: http://www.security-forums.com :.