[Samba] Inquiry

Tom Riley tom.riley at uaa.alaska.edu
Thu Oct 10 18:22:01 GMT 2002

Samba Team,

I'm running a large Sun environment in which I have access to almost a
terabyte of SCSI attached storage. I would like to capitolize on this space
with as much diversity as I can. We have a primarly Win2K PC environment,
and I am interested in knowing if there is a method to have Samba offer up
file services with quota enforcement, without populating my sun machines
with machine logins.

Ideally I'd like to have the following environment.

Sun Server
-----------
Storage array
Samba w/ quota enforcement (preferrable from within AD)

Win2K Server
---------------
Active Directory
User Authentication

Win2K Workstations
----------------------
Map to Sun Server via Samba.

Is this a doable architecture?

Thanks,
Tom

* Tom Riley, CNE          University of Alaska Anchorage *
* Systems Engineer	   IT Services, Engineering Team *
* axtjr at uaa.alaska.edu  		   (907)786-1256 *
*     No life ever grows great until it is focused,      *
*          dedicated, and disciplined.                   *