[Samba] Access Linux PC from other windows machines in the WorkGroup

Jay Ts jay at jayts.cx
Fri Nov 29 05:14:01 GMT 2002

It looks like you probably need to read some
beginner's introduction to Samba.

To answer your question, we'd need a copy of
your smb.conf file, at least. You also might
add information such as:

1. Unix version used as Samba host.
2. Version of Samba in use.
3. Is your Windows network a workgroup or domain?
4. Version of Windows the client is running.

My guess is that you didn't set up your accounts
on the Samba server using smbpasswd.  Try:

# smbpasswd -a <username>

(run as root user), where username is the name of
an account on the Samba host (Unix system), and is
used by the Windows user to log on.

- Jay Ts