[Samba] Need a cron script written

Kevin Brown isp at dotgonepc.com
Fri Nov 29 05:34:01 GMT 2002

I do this manually:
smbmount //Beverley/C /home/data
pwd: "insert pwd"
cp -ruv /home/samba/public /home/data
smbumount /home/data

This lets me do the following:
make a copy of all my samba shares on the server to a client named Beverley C
drive.
ruv does the following
recursive (all subdirectories and subfolders)
unchanged (only write over when newer)
verbose

pwd: "insert pwd" would be my password for that share (secret!!)
the only problem is I can not get cp to do this "quietly or without input, even dropping
the "v" makes me confirm each write.
I need to unmount the share at end of backup.
Any ideas of doing it another way much appreciated.
I currently run a cron job, tar -cvfpP /dev/st0 /home/samba/public weekly to save all
my samba server shares to tape.

best, kevin brown