[Samba] Samba newbie question...

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Sun Nov 24 17:18:01 GMT 2002

Dave,

	I believe that you should first ask what Windows 2000 Active Directory
features you must have before seeing what Samba can do for you. You may
find that you have little or no need for most of the features of AD.

	If all you are looking for is a server to provide you with file shares,
domain authentication and printer sharing. Then Samba is perfect the way
that it is. You can create and manage a number of user accounts and
groups, control their access create quotas for users via the built-in
Linux/UNIX tools on whatever OS you choose.

	If you say what features you are looking to emulate, I am certain that
more then a few of us can give you the right answers or point you in the
correct direction.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer