[Samba] admin user

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Thu Nov 21 21:28:46 GMT 2002

Judy,

	I am using a combination of CLI, Webmin and SWAT for configuring my
Smaba installation here at the office. (BTW, I am using the same OS and
Samba Release as you) Inside the Webmin module for Swat, under the
individual shares, there is a section on permissions. In that section,
there is a place to force all new files created in that share to be owned
by certain users and groups. I would recommend forcing a group
permission, unless this folder is only accessible by the one user.

	There are also some settings to disallow symlinks (VERY important for
security.) and a few other little settings. Once you set those, you can
save it and then view your smb.conf file in your favorite editor.

	I highly recommend saving a copy of your currently working smb.conf
file, as Webmin will rewrite the whole thing for you with a number of its
own default settings which WILL break something. It only appears to
breaks things the first time it accesses the smb.conf file...

	Anyway, good luck.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer