[Samba] NT username/password export

Ronan Waide waider at waider.ie
Thu Nov 21 14:45:01 GMT 2002

On November 21, cgmckeever at prupref.com said:
> Sorry for all the newbie questions...
>
> I could have sworn I saw something about a utility that exports the SAM
> database from NT into Linux..
> seems like it is the lego syndrome, saw it while doing WINBIND searches,
> can't find it elsewise...anyway...could someone point me in the right
> direction?

There are two ways of doing this that I'm aware of: pwdump and net rpc
vampire. The former is an exe that runs on the domain controller and
dumps out (I think) a smbpasswd-format file, the latter uses similar
methods to BDC synchronization to extract the information. pwdump
should turn up in any halfway decent google search, and net rpc
vampire is part of the current CVS.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
waider at waider.ie / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"At the end of every seven years thou shalt make a release."
                                           - Deuteronomy on software schedules