[Samba] NT username/password export

Chris McKeever cgmckeever at prupref.com
Thu Nov 21 14:35:56 GMT 2002

Sorry for all the newbie questions...

I could have sworn I saw something about a utility that exports the SAM
database from NT into Linux..
seems like it is the lego syndrome, saw it while doing WINBIND searches,
can't find it elsewise...anyway...could someone point me in the right
direction?

I want to export my users from NT to linux with passwords....if that is
impossible, I also have all the users passwords encrypted and sync'd on the
webserver as MD5 hash...I can easily make a text file of those
username/pasword pairs and then try to make a script to loop it and make new
/etc/passwd and /etc/shadow entries...

Any help is appreciated