[Samba] [homes] problem using SAMBA 2.2.7

Joseph Formoso jformoso at stevens-tech.edu
Thu Nov 21 14:58:01 GMT 2002

All,

	I just upgraded our SAMBA install from a very ancient version
(2.0.something) to 2.2.7.  Everything is working properly, it seems,
except for connecting to home directories on the server.  We have the
default [homes] section in place in our smb.conf file:

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   read only = no
   create mode = 0750

	However, when I try to connect to my home directory using
smbclient, I end up in the server's /var/tmp directory, which we have
set up as SAMBA's [global] path.  With the ancient version, I ended up
(as expected) in my home directory.

	Any idea where I should start looking for the cause of this
behavior?

	Thanks very much for any time and assistance.

					--Joe

-----
Joe Formoso (jformoso at stevens-tech.edu),
  Senior Systems Administrator, IT Department, Stevens Institute of Technology