[Samba] Strange issues - 2.2.6 and RH 7.3

Scott Wrosch swrosch at MarketingAssociates.com
Thu Nov 14 13:46:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

Got a strange issue, that might be nothing, or it might be something.
I'm running 2.2.6 on an RH 7.3 box at the moment.  Everything is working
great for the most part.  Through winbind I have it authenticating from
the domain controller, users have their own little private share of
space, etc etc.  However, I've noticed that sometimes the personal share
doesn't show up.  For example, from Win2k I'll do start -> run ->
\\linux-38.  The box will come up fine, and all of the shares except the
private share will show up.  Check it on a different machine, doesn't
have that problem.  Reboot the machine, and it works fine, no problems
again.  It seems to be sporadic, and it's really more of a nuisance than
anything else, but it has hit at times when I haven't needed it to.  I
don't think it's just the one user that's having the problem (actually,
that user is me), but it's a testing process at the moment to see if we
can integrate (to the satisfaction of my boss) to one of our raid arrays
that has mass quantities of available space.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Scott Wrosch
desk 248.333.7700 x227
pager 248.806.7657
text 2488067657 at paging.acswireless.com
email swrosch at marketingassociates.com

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling
but in rising every time we fall." -- Confucius