[Samba] Domain logon trouble

Richard Canada richard.canada at mrli.ppdi.com
Thu Nov 14 13:52:01 GMT 2002

Hi all:

  I have setup a RedHat Linux 7.3 server, compiled SAMBA v.
2.2.5 to use LDAP.  I have my smb.conf files set up to
become a PDC.  My PDC talks to my LDAP Directory Server, but
I am having some problems with the domain logon feature.

I have a Win98 box (this PC and my linux server are on the
same subnet) configured to log into my domain, using a WINS
server (which happens to be the same IP address as my PDC).
I am using Ethereal to track the network connections, and I
am getting 'destination unavailable, port 137 is
unavailable'.  When I try to connect to this port, I am
getting a 'Connection refused' message (apparently this port
is locked by some other process'.  I am checked M$ website,
but nothing has helped.

Does anyone know how to check to see what process is locking
the port 137 (this port is the netbios-ns service, by the
way)?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I have attached
my smb.conf files for reference.

--

Regards,

Richard Canada
Assistant Computer Systems Manager
Medical Research Laboratories International, USA
richard.canada at mrli.ppdi.com

This email transmission and any documents, files or previous email
messages attached to it may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this transmission to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you must not read this transmission and
that any disclosure, copying, printing, distribution or use of this
transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
or return email and delete the original transmission and its attachments
without reading or saving in any manner.