[Samba] Frustrated with Samba and CUPS

Ben Griffith bgriffit at email.unc.edu
Thu May 30 12:06:02 GMT 2002

-----[ GWEBSTER at ahbl.ca wrote on 05/30/02 11:36:54 AM -0700 ]-----

--> I can't get Samba (via Swat) to see my CUPS printers at all.

Have you restarted Samba after creating the printers in CUPS?

I was expecting to find my new printers showing up as I added them through
CUPS, but had to re-start SAMBA before they were showing up in the share
list.

I am also not sure about having [printers$] and [printers]. I only have
[printers] and [print$]. The [print$] share works for the driver uploading
and autoinstall on my clients. The [printers] share is for the "global"
printer configuration ( eg: guest ok = no, etc. etc. ).

     --Ben--

Ben Griffith
bgriffit at email.unc.edu