[Samba] Hangs files copying (from WinXP)

Marcus Merrin marcus.merrin at emptyair.com
Wed May 22 18:01:10 GMT 2002

I am new to Samba, and I have a similar problem (Alas, no solution).
I have a
simple test rig running samba 2.2.4 on FreeBSD 4.3  I see the shares
from my Win
98 laptops, and I can browse, upload and download to and from the
server. All is
cool until I try to send a largeish file to the samba share (say
>60K) The file starts to
upload (very slowly)  and after about 60K, the windows machine reports
that the
resource is no longer available, though I can still get files from
the share and still
browse.  Once this has taken place, samba seems to need a rest and
after a few
minutes, I can again upload small files, but very slowly.  This is
all taking place on a
local network firewalled off from the internet on the 192.168.1.0
subnet.
Any Ideas?

Marcus Merrin

On 23 May 2002 at 10:40, Kestutis Saldziunas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have set parameter in globals nt acl support = no, however I
face the same
> error during havy copying.
> I noticed that it happens during only coppying to resourse like
//samba/c,
> but not to mapped disk.
> Maybe client lose network share due to heavy traffic on network ?
>
> Kestutis
>

> > I remember reading something about having to set nt use acls = no or
> similar in the globals section.  Do you think that this is related
to this
> problem?
> >
> > On Wednesday 22 May 2002 09:42, Kestutis Saldziunas wrote:
> > > In Suse 7.2  (kernel 2.4.4-4GB) I have installed 2.2.4 PDC
samba server.
> > > When I start copying plenty of files to samba server from WinXP
client
> > > (open several windows for copying), copying hangs for several
minutes
> and
> > > error appears : WindowsXP : Windows - Delayed Write Failed.
Before I had
> > > samba 2.2.3a and in the same situation I had logged such errors:

Marcus Merrin
Empty Air Consulting
http://emptyair.com

Marcus Merrin BSc. PhD. MRSC (CChem)