[Samba] Can't join Samba PDC from Win2k

Neil Muller neil at neologix.net
Sun May 19 16:08:16 GMT 2002

I went through exactly the same thing over the weekend and after help from this
list I got it all working. What I had to do was add settings for domain admin
group and domain admin users to my smb.conf global section (both items were set
to root) and I also made root a samba user. If you have done all this and its
still not working make sure the machine trust account is being created correctly
(check smbpasswd and /etc/passwd for entries with your w2k machine name with a $
appended.

Neil