[Samba] Can't join Samba PDC from Win2k

Neil Muller neil at neologix.net
Sun May 19 16:19:02 GMT 2002

I forgot to add that to join the domain from w2k I didn't use the wizard.
Instead I went to the properties button on the system->identity notebook page
and clicked the domain radio button, typed in the domain I wanted the machine to
join and then clicked the ok button. W2K prompts for some machine information
and then a userid and pasword of someone authorised to join the machine to the
domain. This is where I entered root and the root password. Everthing worked
fine after that.

Neil