[Samba] (somtimes) very slow access: windows-xppro samba 2.2.3a on redhat7.2

David W. Chapman Jr. dwcjr at inethouston.net
Mon May 6 14:12:14 GMT 2002

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 11:02:53PM +0200, Marcel J.E. Mol wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this setup with 4 windows xp-pro machines in a 100 Mb net connecting
> to a samba 2.2.3a service on a redhat 7.2 machine.
> Samba is running as PDC. Everything works fine (logon, printing, files etc)
> except that every now and then things are very slow. Sometimes it take around
> half aminute to logon but other times it takes just a couple of seconds.
> Sometime you see this on logout. Sometimes you see this when printing or

Do you have roaming profiles turned on?  Do you see your network
usage spike on login or logout.  If you have roaming profiles turned
on and it is a huge profile, this could be the problem for slow
logins and logouts.  I don't think this is related to your other
problems though.  try turning roaming profiles off on a machine or
set login patch =

in smb.conf

--
David W. Chapman Jr.