[Samba] Share rights ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Thu Mar 28 03:11:05 GMT 2002

Greetings Samba folk ...

	I hope somebody could give me hand with this ... I have tried
a few different things, but I am now stumped ...

	I have a FAT32 drive which I put all my downloads onto.  I
would like to share this out with nobody been able to write
back to the drive.

	But my problem is that I have to give mount a mask which
gives excution rights files for directories so that people
can drill down my share ...

	Does anybody know how I can stop this.  I see it as a
security problem first, and second, when using Midnight
Command, I am unable to view inside archives like rpm and
zip and so because it wish to excute the file instead of
view it ...

	Thanks for the help.

Mailed
Lee