[Samba] samba 3.0a rel 17 and ldap support?

Lars O.Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Mar 28 03:17:02 GMT 2002

Hi!

I have compiled and installed the rel17 with the ldapsam-option, but testparm
gives my an "unknown parameter" ldap server = ... So, did I do something
wrong, or is ldap support broken in rel 17?

As I am new on this list, something to me and my use of samba. I am student
of architecture and working in our students computer lab
(www.rechnerpool.com) as the person for all ix-like systems (the lab is
maintained only by students of the dept. of architecture, with currently ).
We have our fileserver on a Linux-machine (Netfinity 5100) with samba and
netatalk. At the moment, we have about 50 MacOS9-clients as well as 40
windows200/98-clients accessing the server. Currently, we use samba-tng 2.6
to serve the smb-clients. The new group functionality together with ldap
makes us go back to samba-head as soon as it will be stable enough to make a
pdc.

CU, thank You, Lars.