[Samba] Printing Support in Samba 2.2.x

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Mar 28 08:49:09 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Gunnar Gunnarsson wrote:

> I'm getting NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL while enumerating all printers on
> my spooler. At present I've more than 2000 queues. If using a subset
> things work. Are there any limitations in the code ?

Yes.  Last time I checked, our rpc client code could not handle large
ms-rpc PDU's that spanned multiple SMBread&X's.  This is on the plate to
be fixed.  The other problem is a small bug in rpcclient in 2.2.3a.
The HEAD code is better right now (wrt to rpcclient).  I'm looking at
merging some of it over as soon as I get a chance.

> Adding drivers to the server through NT APW dosen't work if the service
> is not a member of NT domain. Running as a NT domain member things work.

Did you connect to the standalonoe Samba box (security = user) as root or
a "printer admin"?  What exactly do you mean by "did not work"?

cheers, jerry