[Samba] FoxPro/lock troubles with samba 2.2.2/.3a

Rashkae rashkae at wealthmap.ca
Tue Mar 26 17:44:03 GMT 2002

Although I agree that it would have been nice for Samba to have handled
the sharing of these files without tuning, I just would like to point out
that it is *more* than possible to run afoul Oplock problems with WinNT
Servers when it comes to older dos based multi-user databases.  In NT
however, you can't fine tune the oplock disabling, you basicly have to
disable oplocks for the entire server.

Personally, I think Samba's ability to control such things on a per share
(or, as in this example, even per file) basis is *really nice*.. Thanks
Guys.