[Samba] Samba & journaled file systems

John Little jlittle_97 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 10:01:19 GMT 2002

Thanks for the info. David.  It'll help in the
decisions I need to make for the server.

John

Message: 9
From: David Brodbeck <DavidB at mail.interclean.com>
To: "'jlittle at computercentral-1.com'"
<jlittle at computercentral-1.com>,
	samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [Samba] Samba & journaled file systems
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:50:12 -0500

No, there's Posix ACL support for ext3fs now, too.  In
fact, the xfs
and
ext3 tools are merging.  See:
http://acl.bestbits.at/

I'm not currently using ext3 with ACLs, but I am using
ext2 with them,
and
the two filesystems are so similar I wouldn't expect
any problems.