[Samba] Cannot print to cups 1.14 from Windows 2000 SP2 using samba 2.2.3a

Alexander Skwar ASkwar at host.HomeLinux.org
Sun Mar 10 08:49:03 GMT 2002

Hi!

Well, since I don't get IPP to work, I've also tried to setup the
printer using samba 2.2.3a.  With Samba I get a little farther, however
I still cannot print.

When I setup a new printer in the printer wizard of Windows 2000 SP2, I
selected "Name" and pressed "Next" to get the network browser.  There I
see the setup printer queues just fine.  I then selected the printer
queue I wanted to setup (hpijs).  W2k then prompted me for the printer
driver.

After I did this, the printer shows up in W2k.  However, W2k says
"Access denied; no connection possible".  ("Zugriff verweigert; keine
Verbindung möglich").

However, I also do not find anything in the samba or cups logs about why
the access seems to be denied.

Could somebody please try to help me?

Thanks a lot!

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |     Jabber: askwar at charente.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 8 days 7 hours 39 minutes