[Samba] Questions about Samba(-LDAP) 2.2.3a

Raoul Schroeder memphis_ms at gmx.net
Sun Mar 10 08:54:06 GMT 2002

I am currently running Samba 2.2.1a w/o LDAP on a FreeBSD 4.5 platform.

I would like to switch over to 2.2.3a w/ LDAP, but I've got some
questions first:

*) I read there were some issues with 2.2.3a and OpenLDAP 2.0 on FreeBSD
- anybody running this setup?
*) The SMB passwords stored in the LDAP database - are they cleartext or
encoded? If encoded, how can they be encoded manually? (To be stored
directly in the LDAP database, not via smbpasswd)
*) When using roaming profiles with no-identical computer setups, is it
possible to copy the My Documents and Favorites part from the individual
user, and the rest from a "machine profile" (sorta like pre-exec and
post-exec)

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

Raoul