[Samba] Connection problems (Samba & W2K)

Kestutis Saldziunas k.saldziunas at medbank.lt
Mon Mar 4 22:59:04 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am using Samba 2.2.3a on SuSE 7.2 with kernel 2.4.4.Usually client machine
have W95/98/W2K OS. I have already seven Samba server instalations on the
company's branches  and it works fine ! However my testing machine with
identical instalation started rejecting connections from W2K. On W2K, when
I logging (not as domain user) recieve message " \\fs_vilnius is not
accesible. The remote procedure call failed and did not execute". In Samba
log I found:

[2002/02/26 09:03:40, 0] smbd/oplock.c:request_oplock_break(981)
request_oplock_break: no response received to oplock break request to pid
1249

[2002/02/26 09:07:24, 0] lib/util_sock.c:read_data(436)
 read_data: read failure for 4. Error = Connection reset by peer

Samba is configured as PDC (smb.conf is included), SuSE network works fine,
as I use ftp and other services without problems.

I have this clue for week I can not find solutions. Please advice if any had
similar problem :)

Kestutis