[Samba] Samba y Windows 2000!!

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Sat Mar 2 07:31:05 GMT 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Anna wrote:

> But, we can't mount resources from Windows 2000. There is a machine with
> these operating system and with a firewall installed. But, these machine
> doesn't receive petitions from our samba,  thereby  the firewall never
> contests something.

This sounds like you may have a firewall that doesn't allow traffic on
port 139 or doesn't allow traffic from that client on port 139 (tcp). You
may also want to check 137 and 138 (tcp & udp?) for browsing and name
lookups.

I also think you should check if smbmount can even find which machine to
send to. You can force smbmount to connect to a certain ip number by
specifying ip=1.2.3.4 with the list of options.

/Urban