[Samba] Printing from Windows to Samba problem

Tim Atkinson maxim at midz.net
Fri Mar 1 17:51:24 GMT 2002

Hi,
I am having a problem where I get an error which says "access denied,
unable to connect" in the printer window for my samba shared printer. I am
able to add the printer ok and I can print from linux (RH7.2, printer on
usb) without any problems. I can also access the file shares without any
problems from Windows. Has any one got any ideas why this may be happening?

Thanks.

Tim

Here's my config:

[global]
    workgroup = WORKGROUP
    server string =
    hosts allow = 192.168.13. 127.0.0.1
    load printers = yes
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    printing = lrpng
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    max log size = 4096
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    remote browse sync = 192.168.13.255
    remote announce = 192.168.13.255
    local master = yes
    dns proxy = no
    name resolve order = hosts bcast wins lmhosts
    create mask = 0644
    directory mask = 0755

[printers]
    path = /var/spool/samba