[Samba] Newbie question

Aton aton at skyenet.net
Tue Jun 25 06:14:02 GMT 2002

Unix groups. That is your key. You can assign users to multiple groups, Eg:
Tom
is in the users, acct, and prog groups, but Leo is in users, and acct.

usermod -g users -G acct,prog Tom
usermod -g users -G acct Leo

Now, set group permissions on the proposed directories:

cd /<whereever_sambai_share_s>/
chown root:acct Accoutning
chown root:finac Finance
chown root:prog Programming
chmod 770 * -R
ls -l

drwxrwx--- root  acct Accounting
drwxrwx--- root  finac Finance
drwxrwx--- root  prog Programming

Now, when leo tries to go to the programming or finance groups, he gets
denied,
because only owner and group have access, not others, and he's not in either
group, just acct.