[Samba] Uploading printer drivers to Samba

Roy Otto roy at nc-spectrum.no
Tue Jun 25 00:58:01 GMT 2002

Hi

I hope somebody can help me with my driver uploading problem. I have done
everything according to the printing docs (I think =) ), but I can't seem to
be able to upload the driver via neither XP or W2k. The error I get when
using XP is: "An error occured while copying file ......... Cannot copy file
to destination directory. Click Retry to retry the operation or click Cancel
to cancel" I've created both the WIN40 and the W32X86 folders under
/usr/local/samba/print, in addition I've tried all kinds of permissions on
them.

Here's what I do:

1. Go to the printer share on the Samba box via XP
2. Rightclick --> properties and then answer no
3. Go to advanced tab and press New Driver
4. Select the drivers to upload, it then starts copying the drivers locally
before trying to upload them. This is when I get the error.

I use RH 7.1 and Samba 2.2.5.

My smb.config file:

[global]
workgroup = SMARTI
netbios name = Skule Server
server string = NCS's Samba Server
encrypt passwords = Yes
log file = /var/log/samba/samba-log.%m
log level = 10
max log size = 50
name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
logon home = \\%L\%U\.profiles
logon script =  logon.bat
time server = Yes
domain logons = Yes
os level = 34
preferred master = True
domain master = True
wins support = Yes
lock dir = /var/lock/samba
guest account = ftp
guest ok = Yes
show add printer wizard = Yes
printer admin = root,ntadmin,admin,royotto

[print$]
comment = Printer Drivers
path = /usr/local/samba/print
write list = root,ntadmin,admin,royotto