[Samba] Compile Samba-2.2.4

Frank Fürst ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Jun 18 10:32:02 GMT 2002

ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de (Frank Fürst) wrote, that's me:

> > Finally the QUESTION:  After I get a good grip on Samba I'd like to blow
> > away the Machine and start the Debian install from scratch.  This time I'd
> > like to do it write.  Install only those packages needed to install SAMBA -
> > with LDAP (and of course OPENLDAP).  Where can I find all the NAMES of the
> > dependencies / packages / compilers I need to have on the machine in order
> > to get this beast compiled correctly.
>
> After you've downloaded the debianized sources, in samba_2.2.4-1.dsc
> (the last digit may change).

And that was wrong, because the standard Debian compile is without
ldap. The strict way is to examine the makefiles and, perhaps, ask

http://www.de.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents

in which package a particular file can be found. You can also try

apt-cache search ldap |less

which I did -- I guess you need

libldap2,
libldap2-dev

and perhaps libpam-ldap if pam is involved.

Bye, Frank
--
Frank Fürst, physikalische Biochemie, Universität Potsdam, Germany
Tel.: +49-331-977-5244		Fax: +49-331-977-5062