[Samba] with ldap - samba - password sync - domain group map

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 17 02:53:03 GMT 2002

NSC - NetworkServiceCenter wrote:

> i knew it - (no na) ;-)
> my heavy situation is, that the chat expects [New password: ] and receives
> [New password: ] , but it says no match
> following row is from the log:
>
>    expect: expected [New password: ] received [New password: ] match no
>
> this is my problem! is there a bug or is my config faulty:
>
>    passwd chat = New\spassword:\s %n\n Re-enter\snew\spassword:\s %n\n
> Result:\sSuccess\s(0)\n
>    passwd program = /etc/ldappwdsmb %u
>
> the programm ldappwdsmb is a script which calls ldappasswd as root!
>
> would it be possible to send me your configfiles to compare with mine? in
> my opinion, there's only one little mistake that let the sync crash!

well, i think my configs won't help much (but just mail me again
directly, if you really think you need them)

so may passwd-chat line is as follows:
	passwd chat = *New\spassword:* %n\n *Re-enter\snew\spassword:* %n\n .
note the asterisk and dot (i haven't really understood now what the dot
means, but the asterisks match anything, and maybe the blank ("\s")
between "passwd:" and " %n" is just no plain blank but something different.

additionally i decided to not use tools like ldappwdsmb (by the way: do
you always store your administrative progs in /etc/ ?? ;-)) but to
change the ldap-passwds via pam (so the transmission to the new
authentification would be totally transparent to my users)
i had to patch the pam_ldap-sources with
http://www.rit.bme.hu/~balsa/pam_ldap_ntlm/

mfg.ad.asdr
IOhannes