[Samba] with ldap - samba - password sync - domain group map

NSC - NetworkServiceCenter nsc at fh-stpoelten.ac.at
Wed Jun 19 00:22:02 GMT 2002

hello!

> so may passwd-chat line is as follows:
>   passwd chat = *New\spassword:* %n\n *Re-enter\snew\spassword:* %n\n .
> note the asterisk and dot (i haven't really understood now what the dot
>  means, but the asterisks match anything, and maybe the blank ("\s")
> between "passwd:" and " %n" is just no plain blank but something
> different.

ok, i moved the passwdchat to following line:
  passwd chat = *New*\spassword:*\s* %n\n *Re-enter*\snew*\spassword:*\s %
n\n *Result:*\sSuccess*\s(0)\n .

and the log tells:
  expect: expected [*New* password:* *] received [New password: ] match no

whats going wrong on my system? since last mail i made a new server with
samba 2.2.4, but compiled it myself (so i know whats going on ;-) ). the
situation doesn't change!

could it be that i need an additionally package or anything similar?

thanks and lg
thomas reisenbichler