Problems with logs in samba 2.2.2: help me please!

Luiz Alfredo Baggiotto luiz at pucrs.br
Wed Jan 23 04:55:42 GMT 2002

Dear Sir

Recently, I was write to this list abou a problem with my log files on samba 2.2.2 and
anyone has replied.
I don´t know if the question was stupid (I´m sorry if this is the situation, but I couldn´t
find anything in docs and archives) or if anyone know the answer.
The problem is that I updated our samba 2.0.7 to samba 2.2.2 and then the only thing
in log.smb file is something like this:

====================================
api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.
domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain DOMAIN
ERROR: string overflow by 1 in safe_strcpy [usr_test]
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
====================================

Our network have more than 5.000 users and is much frequent that one tries to invade
another net or similar thing. When happened this, I need to make a relationship
beetween IP number, machine and user. With the old logs, it´s very simple, but now
this funcionality has disapped and, if I can´t retrive it, I will need make the downgrade to
samba 2.0.7 again... :-(
Please, help me!
I´m running samba in a Solaris 7 box, and compiled it like this:

./configure --prefix=/opt/local/Samba --with-configdir=/opt/local/samba/etc --with-
smbwrapper=/opt/local/bin/smbwrapper.so --with-syslog --with-utmp --with-msdfs --
with-vfs --with-acl-support --with-quotas

My logs, in smb.conf, is setted to level 0. Thank you ver much for ANY help!!!
Best regards

    Administraçao da Rede
        FACIN / PUCRS
         Ramal  4184