Thanks on 2.2.2!

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Wed Jan 23 16:43:03 GMT 2002

Not certain if it would....here's why:

deadtime by default is 0 so no disconnect will occur. Also no disconnect
will happen if you have open files on the server, so you would have to
look and see if deadtime is non-zero in smb.conf and if you have no open
files and the period of inactivity is up and as a result the shares are
disconnected, then when you log off it *might* be the cause.

But of course at that point, you'd have to recreate it several times
successfully and rule out any network interference with your net guru.

Also you'd have to check permissions on the share storing the roaming
profiles and make sure there are no issues there...so you've got some work
still to determine if samba is truly the cause.

I would certainly recommend upgrading anyway if you have the opportunity.

Bill