Problems with logs in samba 2.2.2: help me please!

Ralf Ronneburger ralf at ronneburger.de
Wed Jan 23 05:07:07 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've want the same functionality as you for samba 2.2.1, but I did not
yet figure it out. How did you get your samba 2.0.7 to log all the
user-activities that you've described?

I'm first of all interested in having a log entry for logon and logoff.
Do you have any idea?

Best regards,

Ralf Ronneburger

Luiz Alfredo Baggiotto wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> Recently, I was write to this list abou a problem with my log files on samba 2.2.2 and
> anyone has replied.
> I don´t know if the question was stupid (I´m sorry if this is the situation, but I couldn´t
> find anything in docs and archives) or if anyone know the answer.
> The problem is that I updated our samba 2.0.7 to samba 2.2.2 and then the only thing
> in log.smb file is something like this:
>
> ====================================
> api_net_sam_logon: Failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON.
> api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed.
> domain_client_validate: could not fetch trust account password for domain DOMAIN
> ERROR: string overflow by 1 in safe_strcpy [usr_test]
> call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
> call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
> call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.
> ====================================
>
> Our network have more than 5.000 users and is much frequent that one tries to invade
> another net or similar thing. When happened this, I need to make a relationship
> beetween IP number, machine and user. With the old logs, it´s very simple, but now
> this funcionality has disapped and, if I can´t retrive it, I will need make the downgrade to
> samba 2.0.7 again... :-(
> Please, help me!
> I´m running samba in a Solaris 7 box, and compiled it like this:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/local/Samba --with-configdir=/opt/local/samba/etc --with-
> smbwrapper=/opt/local/bin/smbwrapper.so --with-syslog --with-utmp --with-msdfs --
> with-vfs --with-acl-support --with-quotas
>
> My logs, in smb.conf, is setted to level 0. Thank you ver much for ANY help!!!
> Best regards

>     Administraçao da Rede
>         FACIN / PUCRS
>          Ramal  4184
>     Prédio 30 -  Sala 145

Ralf Ronneburger
ralf at ronneburger.de

Prefers to receive encrypted Mail, download public-key from
http://www.ronneburger.net/gpg/ralf_ronneburger.asc