[Samba] Samba and IEE1394

Anders Widman andewid at tnonline.net
Thu Feb 21 04:15:03 GMT 2002

This might not be the correct group to post to, but maybe somone could
tell me wich groupd it should go to (as I haven't found any good
ones).

I have Windows XP machines with IEE1394 (FireWire) LAN. Windows has
built in support for OHCI compliant cards and can use them as a normal
NIC, but with 400Mbit.

This sollution is cheap and alot faster than normal a 100Mbit LAN. The
problem is now that I want to conect my Linux boxes to this LAN too (I
use Samba for filesharing and a PDC) but haven't found a good way to
make it work.

Does anybode know how to do this, wich drivers/modules need to be
installed on the Linux box?

//Anders