RE [Samba] Linux and SMB using single passwd

Macky macky at opusvl.com
Tue Feb 19 09:07:03 GMT 2002

Thanks for the reply.

This will not quite do what I want as I dont want local unix users, only smb
users.

Reason: if a smb user is added and only an smb user and the Linux system uses
pam _smb, I can deliver pop mail to the user without them having a local unix
user. I have this working very well with LDAP and NIS where I only add a NIS
or LDAP user but no unix users and I can still deleiver mail so the users are
unaware of the Linux part.

The person who admisters this will not have a clue about Linux.

Macky..