[Samba] Ack! No Answer for my Printer Troubles?

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Fri Feb 15 07:27:03 GMT 2002

I'm hoping my desperate post yesterday just didn't make it across.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?  Or just want to say "Hi"?

Using...

	CUPS 1.1.13
	Samba 2.2.1a
	Gimp-Print 4.2.0

on a RH 7.2 computer with a USB Epson Stylus Photo 420 printer hooked up
to a Windows98 computer...

I am unable to print properly... The output seems to be dying on its way
to the Windows 98 computer, since the printer prints fine with it's
hooked up directly to the Linux box by the same USB cable.  I can't find
any suggestion in the Windows computer that something is going wrong
there.  When printing, though, the printout "fades", as if the last few
lines of the document were just cut off or dropped from the spool.

I've tweaked CUPS till the cows come home, fiddled with Gimp-Print (even
worked closely with one of the developers for awhile until we determined
that Gimp-Print was fine), done extensive searches on Deja.com, and all
of that, and have not been able to find an answer to my problem.

Has anyone got any ideas or thoughts?  Please let me know if you can
think of *anything* to try.

Would upgrading Samba help out?

--
Sliante,