[Samba] Winbind issues! HELP!

Helt, John JHelt at scrippsnetworks.com
Fri Feb 15 07:02:03 GMT 2002

OK.  This is becoming very frustrating!!

I have Samba 2.2.3a installed on a Sun running Solaris 8.  Winbind is
installed and seems to be working fine.  My PC users can map the Samba share
via their NT domain account information (PDC is an NT4 box).

As soon as I copy nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so to /lib and create the symbolic
links (nss_winbind.so.1 & nss_winbind.so.2) my PC users can no longer
authenticate.

Also, has anyone been able to get Telnet authentication via winbind to work
on Solaris 8??

I am running up against a serious deadline.  HELP!!

John Helt
Systems Administrator
Scripps Networks
865-560-4133