[Samba] "ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/nss_ winbind.so.1: symbol socket: referenced symbol not found" - Samba Team?

Thomas, Daniel J. Daniel.Thomas at jhuapl.edu
Fri Feb 15 05:09:02 GMT 2002

Hey,
I'm getting this error when ever I've written a file from my Win2k Pro
machine to my samba share.  Using Samba 2.2.3.  Built on Solaris 8.  Using
winbindd.  I created the sym links as suggested under /lib (really
/usr/lib):  nss_winbind.so.1 -> libnss_winbind.so    nss_winbind.so.2 ->
libnss_winbind.so

Are there some other sim links I need somewhere or is this error something
from the code?
Again, the error is like this:

adams{root}5: ls -l
total 2
ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
socket: referenced symbol not found
Killed

-Dan

Daniel J. Thomas
Systems Administrator
Johns Hopkins University
Applied Physics Laboratory
Laurel, MD

Balt:    (443) 778-7924
Wash:  (240) 228-7924

"Always avoid a bad file copy...
You can never know when your replication proceeds you."
                               -Anonymous Author