[Samba] "ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol socket: referenced symbol not found" - Samba Team?

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Fri Feb 15 10:12:05 GMT 2002

"Thomas, Daniel J." wrote:
This works fine for me but I don't run solaris. It looks like your
nss_winbind.so did not build correctly and is missing a function

> Hey,
> I'm getting this error when ever I've written a file from my Win2k Pro
> machine to my samba share.  Using Samba 2.2.3.  Built on Solaris 8.  Using
> winbindd.  I created the sym links as suggested under /lib (really
> /usr/lib):  nss_winbind.so.1 -> libnss_winbind.so    nss_winbind.so.2 ->
> libnss_winbind.so
>
> Are there some other sim links I need somewhere or is this error something
> from the code?
> Again, the error is like this:
>
> adams{root}5: ls -l
> total 2
> ld.so.1: ls: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1: symbol
> socket: referenced symbol not found
> Killed
>
> -Dan

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177