[Samba] HEAD problems...

Julio Rojas jrojas at uft.edu.ve
Fri Feb 15 04:39:02 GMT 2002

Hi, after Andrew Barlett's advice I reinstalled my Samba server with version 3.0 alpha HEAD. I cannot join my Windows domain. With version 2.2.3a I used the following command:

smbpasswd -j DOMAIN -r PDC -U ADMINISTRATOR

If I use this command with HEAD, the following message is presented:

see 'net rpc join' for this functionality

I reviewed the 'net' man page but it's incomplete, so I typed the command (net rpc join) and the following message was presented:

Unable to find a suitable server

Can anybody help me join my domain??? We have reviewed our smb.conf file and we have defined both our domain and our PDC and BDC.

Thanx for your help.

Julio Rojas
Universidad Fermin Toro
jrojas at uft.edu.ve