[Samba] Authentication problems Still

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Thu Feb 14 04:46:05 GMT 2002

Con Harte wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response.
> The nmbd daemon is running, as shown in this ps output.

I think the unexpected.tdb is a red herring - its fine for that file not
to exist yet - if you don't have 'broken' clients.

> > > A couple of the messages in the logs are as follows.
> > > connect_to_domain_password_server: unable to setup the PDC
> > credentials
> > > to machine GFMNET01. Error was : SUCCESS - 0.

This looks more like the problem...  Either the PDC is disconnecting you
before you can setup the creds or (possibly) it never connected (that
should be a different error).

> > > tdb((NULL)): tdb_open_ex: could not open file
> > > /usr/local/samba/var/locks/unexpected.tdb: No such file or
> > directory

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org