[Samba] Problem compiling Samba 2.2.3a on Redhat 7.1

Greg Zartman greg at leiinc.com
Thu Feb 7 14:30:04 GMT 2002

> I saw this same type of error on a RedHat 6.2 system with all the
> updated RPMS from redhat.com.  Didn't have time yet to track it down.
> For what it's worth, I've just built the RPM on a patched 7.1 system
>(with a Linux 2.4.17 kernel).

Thanks Jerry.  I'll have a look at that RPM.  I suspect that the problem
I am seeing is with my distro and not Samba.  The distro I'm using is
actually a customized version of RH 7.1:  E-smith (SME) linux.  The Mitel
folks are wanting to stick with the standard Redhat packaging for Samba
(i.e., three RPMs).  I was attempting to create the three package
configuration on the e-smith machine, but didn't have alot of luck.

Maybe I'll just install RH 7.1 on my laptop and create the packages there.

Thanks again.

--
Greg J. Zartman, P.E.
Vice-President