[Samba] Samba and 2k/NT4 server -shares readable but not writable

John Little jlittle_97 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 13:20:06 GMT 2002

Buchan,

Thank you very much, that got me to where I could
create/write to the windows share by adding the -o
uid=501 option to the mount command.

Is there a way to give group permissions to be able to
write to the share as well?  I tried the
gid=nnn,dmask=000,fmask=000,rw options but it always
came down to only the user getting write permissions.

BTW, I log in as the user and then su to root to mount
/mnt/disk.

I am only a couple of months into Linux but learning
quick! Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,
John Little