[Samba] Managing printers via Windows interface

Joel Barnett joel at allegro-music.com
Mon Feb 4 17:45:05 GMT 2002

Running Mandrake 8.1 + Samba 2.2.1a + Cups 1.1.10

Samba is configured for cups printing using client side
drivers. I want to be able to pause and resume printing via
the Windows printer windows, (Printer->Pause printing). I
added the queuepause and queueresume parameters to smb.conf
and I can pause printing, but I can't resume printing. When I
pause printing, the check mark doesn't appear next to "Pause
printing" - even though the printer is indeed paused.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ? Relevant bits of smb.conf
are:

from [printers]
print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
lpq command = lpstat -o %p
lprm command = cancel %p-%j
queuepause command = /usr/bin/disable %p
queueresume command = /usr/bin/enable %p

Joel Barnett
Systems Administrator
Allegro Corporation
503-257-8480 x2059