[Samba] Optimizing Samba

Sam Barasch barasch at biostat.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 27 16:09:01 GMT 2002

Hi Robert.

We're big ACT users and haven't noticed the type of problems that you're
talking about - in any version of Samba.

What size are your ACT databases - in record # and MB's?

What version of Samba are you running?

How are oplocks configured on your Samba PDC?

Is there any difference in erformance across client platforms?

How about posing a snippet of smbstatus - u <username - during and after
use of ACT>?

I'm just a little curious, because the ACT package is one that we use a lot.

-Sam